Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

~~If I were a GUY~~

After scratching those brain cells for almost 4 years & 4 months – I finally made up my mind to honor the tag by Dani (we are the bro-sis duo of my other blog space :P) to come up with this list of ten things which I would love to do if I were a boy/guy. All my life, though there have been times where I have wished for an elder brother, there has not been any defining moment or instance where I seemed to have thought “Ah, I would have done that if I were a boy” – It was pretty difficult for me to gather my thoughts for this post – which probably also explains the long long long delay in getting it published!  

So here it goes, the top 10 things that I would like to do if I were a guy!
1)   Try hard to not clean up the house… let the clutter be! Revel in the unspoken happiness by dumping the wet bath towel on the bed!

2)     Sport a french beard & go play football :P  

3)     Ride(no, not pillion, silly) a borrowed (do I have to explain why? :P ) bike to know what that “kingly” feeling is all about & continue to proceed on a 
road trip (if the bike is still intact, that is!)

4)     Smoke a Cigar, Rhett Butler style :P  

5)     Watch a horror movie in a theatre… ALONE…

6)     Watch “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham” and not cry at the boundless emotions brimming in the movie!   

7)    Go on a shopping trip with mom/aunt/girl buddies and try to understand that even if the purchase is meant for self, I DON’T GET TO CHOOSE! When the once-eager-to-impress-salesman has no more interest to show any more varieties, When every variety available has been analyzed with a microscope and yet nothing has been selected yet – try hard to UNDERSTAND that they want only the best for me & smile (no, not the “annoying” one, but the “understanding” one, and very importantly, remember to smile at the shopping buddies & not the salesman) –  use the smart fone and refer them to another store just round the corner!

8)    Enjoy a lone trip with just a backpack & a map!

9)    Eat as much as I want with no one asking me to watch those calories!

10)  Snore, Snore, Snore & Snore some more!

Well, I know, that all these mentioned above can be done by anyone & not necessarily only guys (okay, may be, the French beard part of point number 2 is an exception), But well, nothing else came to my mind even after thinking about it for about 4 years now, so I had to settle with this!

Also, being a GIRL or a WOMAN doesn't always necessarily mean that she cannot do things that only a GUY can do! If the world lets her, and if she has that inner strength, she can do anything, in much better ways possible & if she doesn't do it, there’s a reason to it & most of the times, you probably don’t want to know it :P

With that note & with this new year just beginning, I wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2015!

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Happy 

P.S:- Am still finalizing on my new resolution list for this year .. so well, letting go of the old ones for now :) (yes, blog-week-athon posts, bye bye )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)