Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

~~Tired & Thankful~~ Blog-week-athon post #3

Okay!! I am tired! Damn Damn tired!! Yes, on a supposed-to-be-a-lazy Sunday! Phew! I thought I could nap for a while once I was done with my work(yes had a production deployment today!!).. But for some reason, I couldn't and so, after a heavy lunch, I grabbed "The old man and his God" by Sudha Murthy from my bookshelf and finished reading it, say 5 minutes ago!! I am not going to post a review or anything, but then, I couldn't stop myself from writing how I felt about the book!

In a nutshell - the book narrates author's real life experiences with various kinds of people! Its written in simple English and yet holds its own charm! As we read, each snippet/experience keeps oscillating between selfishness and selflessness of "real" people! There were many which moist my eyes! There were a few which made me feel good..There were also a few which disgusted me to the core (particularly the one where a blind girl mentions that her poor parents left her in a bus stop with just a pack of biscuits(5 yr old) and never returned to take her back home - I just cannot imagine how scared & cheated that girl must have felt).. It left me wondering about the behavioral patterns & the decisions that people are forced to take at various stages and circumstances in life!! It also left me feeling thankful for a lot of things that I take for granted in my life!! 

Well, overall, a good read  - I would recommend this book to school children/teenagers so they learn to value what they have in life and be thankful!!  

Okay - now that I am both tired and thankful, let me go get some sleep!

#Yayyy - Blog-week-athon post #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)